Starting The Test
1. The test administrator will take you to the test room, and assign you a seat. Your seat comes with a computer, along with headphones, a mic, an erasable booklet, and two pens. You can start taking notes when your test starts.
2. Once your test starts an on-screen non-disclosure form will pop up, and once you agree you can begin a regular check.
3. Making sure everything from your mic to your headphones is functioning properly. If there is an issue, raise your hand and wait for the administrator.
4. Keep your headset on during the test, so you do not get distracted by others.
5. Do not raise your voice during the “speaking section” of the test.
Spoken English – The test will determine your listening, understanding, and speaking abilities by playing a few English phrases.
1. The audio/video clip cannot be played twice.
2. Speak clearly into your microphone, as you can only do it once.
3. Speak at a normal pitch for the best results.
4. Your ability to speak will have an impact on your final score.
Written English – The test focuses on your written skills, and you may use British or American English to answer.
1. Choose British or American English, and be as consistent as possible.
2. There is a set time for you to get through the written section.
3. Once the time is up it will automatically take you to the next question.
Asking For Help – If you require any assistance please raise your hand and wait for an administrator. Help is provided for the following issues:
1. Hardware/software issues.
2. Requiring a new pen or notebook.
Break – You may choose to take a 10-minute break after the second section.
Finishing Your Test – Once you complete the test raise your hand and wait for the administrator to walk you through the final steps.